lunes, 14 de mayo de 2007

Summer Rain in Quezon City

I am sitting in front of my window, typing on my computer, it just started raining,
pouring. The sky is screaming!!! God, it is so loud, it feels like an angry complaint or like a wonderful liberation. I love it when it rains in the afternoon like this. I just wanna go outside and play under the rain. The day starts out sunny and it gradually clouds up. You can smell the humidity in the air and feel the heat, the dust sticking to your clothes, to your skin… And when it finally starts raining, especially in today’s torrential way, I smile because day after day it feels like it was long due, and because I love the smell of the wet ground. It gets so dark as if it was night, but it’s only 2pm. The smell is usually the only thing left after the storm, which will not last more than than 30 minutes. In fact, it’s already over. The summer is ending early.

No hay comentarios: