viernes, 6 de julio de 2007

Alright, so it ends here. After more than two months communicating with you from here, I finish this blog. The Philippines is still very fresh in my memory, but I have the feeling that this blog ends with my trip, and that I can always start making up new excuses to get you together again in these blogspaces.

This has been, no doubt, one of my best trips ever, and I feel that it has changed me in many ways. However, during the time that I was in Manila there were also moments of loneliness, fear, uncertainty, and sadness. And even if I had not envisioned it, writing this blog, sharing with you a little piece of what was going on, often kept me sane and calmed. Writing here was a way to break my isolation and feel connected to the people that I care about.

One can never help but growing during a trip. You may be able to choose the extent of the growth, which depends on how open you are to be changed by your surroundings, to be touched. But you cannot avoid growing: It’s the trip within the trip, or what my friend Crispula calls the inner trip. This blog has allowed me, week after week, to share with you who I am and who I am becoming, even if just a little bit. It has also allowed me to register it, to make it visible for myself. To make the Philippines more real and to take myself more seriously. To risk thinking that someone may actually enjoy hearing what I see, think, or feel.

Many of you know that this blog is only a tiny fraction of everything I have witnessed during my weeks in Manila. I did not think that this was the time nor the place to denounce the atrocities and injustice taking place in the country. I felt that I could be more helpful in the long term if I took care of myself, and especially I didn’t want my mom to have a heart attack. I hope I’ll be able to share with you what I learned some day face to face, over beer, over coffee, or simply with a couple of hours ahead of us. If you feel that you’d like to learn more of what is really happening in the Philippines today, or what happened when I was there, please, don’t let me keep it for myself, remind me to tell you. Because the more people know the better and, on the other hand… well, I don’t wanna forget either. In fact it is often too easy to forget once one gets off the plane…

Thanks for walking with me during this trip, for looking from the other side of the window.







1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

These are genuinely enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
You have touched some good points here. Any way
keep up wrinting.
Also see my webpage - grumpy cat